Thursday, February 7, 2013

January 22nd, 2013

The last week has been very full. We got a new MTC presidency, Nally is the last name of the new president. We got to hear Elder Holland on Tuesday, which was super cool, and the temple trip was most excellent.

As for lessons learned, I discovered that when you try to tip the ball over the net in Volleyball at the same time as the elder on the other side tries to spike, you run the risk of breaking your thumb. Turns out it was only sprained.

Our first investigator turned out to be our second primary teacher. The guy is a tone Nazi, but its helping us all a lot. Chen is my Chinese name because Kai was taken by the other Elder Christensen already, and the teachers assign our names, except for my comp who already had one.

The getting ready before b-fast isn't too bad, but I've had strange dreams basically every single night.

The mole is healing, but I still don't dare get a haircut yet, because the scab is still protruding.

Very little down time, almost all is spent in class. My roommates leave for the airport in a few minutes, but they've been here for twelve weeks, so they're desperate to get out. As for the mixing of older and newer Elders, I think they just do it as beds become available with Elders who are speaking the same language. There's a decent chance we'll get new roommates from the Chinese group coming in tomorrow. I feel like I haven't learned as much Chinese this week, but I think it's just because they've already given us somewhere in the range of 400 words, and I bet I only have maybe 50 memorized, with another 100 maybe that I can understand, but not fast enough to converse very well.

I had an experience this week when I realized that the anxiety I feel for the investigators when we teach is my way of feeling the spirit. I realized all I have to worry about is focusing on the missionary work. It really has been a blessing to find out this quickly that all I need to worry about is stuff here and in New York, and leave the rest to him.

Yours in service to the lord,

Jacob D. Christensen/ Elder Chen
PS, Chen is pronounced Chun.

No comments:

Post a Comment