Sunday, March 10, 2013

February 26th, 2013

I found out some information on my trip to NY. My flight leaves SLC at 7:15 in the morning on the 5th (I report to the travel office at 4AM). We have a layover in Detroit some time around 11:00 or Noon (Detroit time I think), that flight leaves at about 2, and then I have a short flight from Detroit to a small airport just outside of NYC (Not JFK). There will be 33 traveling in the flight group if I didn't tell you that already, so getting to a phone is going to be something of an adventure. I'll try to call you either before we leave SLC, or else at Detroit, depending on which one I can find a phone, and which one I think I'll have more time at said phone.

Also, I still have yet to receive a Chinese hymn book, which would be very helpful. I'm also going to send back the suit and my current SD card before I leave the MTC.

Now that I've gotten those things out of the way, the last week has been pretty good. My thumb is almost back to normal finally, and we have baptismal commitments from both of our current investigators (actors).

I didn't get to Host (greet incoming missionaries) last week, although I do get to tomorrow, so I'll still try and get Chris Udall if I can, it would be fun.

I've heard about that Davis HS missionary call video, I think it has the potential to turn out really cool, plus, you should give them one of my mission photos. Also, if you still haven't posted the photos from get air (trampoline park), then I ask you to do so, as I promised that I would put them up and tag Matt, Katie, and Jess in them.

I ran into Steven Lee (my roommate from BYU) several times, only managed to get one picture, but that's more than I got with Derek. Other than that, I'm getting a haircut today, I'm afraid I'm giving in to the inevitable, and chopping off my wonderful comb-over. I'll take before and after pictures so you can see the change.

To Cameron, I look forward to the game [StarCraft?], although it will probably take me a few weeks of being back home before I feel up to it.
To Robin, I still wait for you to send the pictures you think I should have in my photo album.
To Wes, I wait for a wedding announcement (messing with you).
To Dad, I thank you for the advice, service, and example that you've set/given to me for all these years, which has culminated in me serving this mission.
To Mom, I thank you for all that you did for us as children, even if we were being stupid and/or stubborn, and all that you continue to do for us.

In keeping in Ethan's example, I challenge you all to do something. However, that something is up to you. Tell someone though what it is that you intend to do, so that you have to account to them on whether or not you accomplished your goal. Read the Book of Mormon more, talk to a friend about the gospel who isn't a member, write in your journal every day, I don't care, just start moving forward, and then keep the momentum.

I know this gospel is true, it has blessed me more here in the MTC that I think it has at any other time, and I look forward to sharing it with the people of Chinatown New York, even if it means I have to spend a few months feeling like I'm the only person around who can speak English. I am growing to love it and the people I haven't even met yet more with every single day, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Email Testimony feels weird to write,
your son/sibling,

Jacob D. Christensen


With Elder Stephen Lee

With Elder Chestin Gray (serving in Benin, West Africa).  Taken before my haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment