Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 5, 2013

I was busy waiting at the transfer meeting chapel, so I only got like 30 minutes to email. Sorry. And I need to leave soon today as well, so I probably won't have a long one today either (We're going to a Yankie's Game.)

We got to go to a black baptist church funeral this week. Really different. REALLY DIFFERENT. One of the English speakers who comes to help out at Chinatown ward has a friend who's fiance passed away, and for some reason we were invited to the viewing/funeral. Nothing like 3 months in a congregation who all have no clue how to sing to make you appreciate church where they have a live band every service.

Our investigators are doing awesome, Xxx is about as cool of an investigator as I can imagine. Also, Xxxx might be back on the map. More to come as the situation unfolds.

I found a new hair gel called Got 2b Glued, it really is like using a gluestick on your hair, but stronger. I like it.

The new Elder (Elder Liang/leung) is really cool. Also, Elder Wang wonders if you remember that you actually ran into him shortly before I came out.

Elder Wang has been helping me out a lot with the language. I'm also learning a lot of really random words now for some reason (ex: Constipation, side-effect,party animal)

English classes have almost no members participating, most of them are just there for English, but we help them understand that if they have any interest in the gospel, they should consider themselves free to come talk to us. We've gotten some out of it, but not me personally yet.

Love you all, need to get going,

Your son in service,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment