Wednesday, June 11, 2014

April 30, 2014

When you said that they were bringing him home to die, I thought you meant that he still had a few weeks left, not hours. If possible, I would like to add to my previous statement in that book. I don't know if you want me to write in it myself when I get back, or if you want to write it in for me, but I want to add his phrase "you're a great man, there aren't very many of us left". That helped me understand what the expectation was for how I should grow up. I have to admit that it is a lot easier to handle his passing when I haven't seen him in over a year, and when I've been putting so much more effort into understanding/contemplating the Plan of Salvation. It really is a fascinating plan, it seems very simple, but can become so profound when we look into it more.

Transfers were today. Do you remember a certain Elder named Wang Shuai that I was companions with just before I went to Peekskill? Yep, it's him.

Elder Zander and Elder Blonquist go to the mission home tonight, they fly home tomorrow. 2 years have gone really fast for them, and now I'm looking at 5-6 transfers and then I'm the one kicking the bucket. I guess this along with Grandpa's passing is just a strange reminder of how quickly life really passes.

Currently, we don't have anyone on date for the May goal, and we don't really have any investigators who look like they will be able to make it, so it's time to start looking at the lists of former investigators a bit harder, because they have to come to church at least so many times before they can get baptized. That or we can contact a ton and hope to find someone who was taking the lessons before, then moved here from wherever they were before (that was how Elder Cook and Elder Blonquist found Xxx Xxxxx last September.)

We ran to 102nd street on Monday. 11 miles, and thanks to the extremely poor decision to eat a bean burrito for lunch the day before, 2 arguments with my stomach and a toilet later, I was a very tired individual. Also, it is pretty much impossible to find an open bathroom on first avenue between 50th street and 96th.

We are running super behind schedule right now, so I'm probably going to have to go, but if I still have time or if I realize there was something I really needed to say, I'll let you know.

Love, your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen

陳少駒

No comments:

Post a Comment