Monday, July 28, 2014

May 28, 2014

You can always add a trailer hitch onto the back of the RV and pull a car behind you. Regardless, next year I'm finding a way to get from Pageant down to the city, either before or after, probably after, for the sake of having more time.

I miss the "can we panic now" state. It was really fun to watch.

We've been contacting about the same as before, just that right now, the weather makes it a lot more pleasant to contact, so that's always good.

We have one investigator who is doing really well currently who I don't think I've told you about before, his name is Xxx Xxx Xxxx, he has a baptismal date for June 22. Elder Wang and I are feeling really good about him for a few reasons, one of them is that he is really fresh to the USA, practically FoB status (fresh off the boat). He works in Connecticut, but he hasn't missed church since he first started coming. He also said he has always gotten Sunday off before, meaning that he chooses jobs that have Sunday off intentionally, because he wants to have a regular schedule. Also, June 22 happens to be one day off the year mark of Xxx's baptism (June 23rd), which we are hoping is a good sign.

Monday was nuts. We taught a FB lesson to an investigator in Rhode Island until 11:10 PM, Called Xxxx Xxx Xxxx (see above paragraph) for a quick phone lesson, and called another investigator at 11:40 in Tennessee (10:40 his time) and talked with him until 1 in the morning. Then we got up at 6:30 Tuesday morning because we had meetings in the morning. I never thought that my high school training for sleep depravation would come in handy on my mission, but Elder Wang was completely gone by dinner time. My eyes were getting a bit sore, but other than that I felt fine. I was switching back and forth between Chinese and English a lot as well, which I don't normally do, I usually stay mostly in one language or the other, not switching back and forth, but I guess when I get tired it dissolves the barriers between languages for me.

For some reason a lot of people haven't shown up to church the last 2 weeks, not just investigators, members who have been coming weekly for over a year just stopped showing up 2 weeks ago, we're trying to figure out what is going on.

I'm going to be seeing Robert(cousin) 2 weeks from today, that is kind of funny.

Currently I don't need anything, I might go buy some suspenders, apparently they are approved missionary clothes (President asked if it was because I needed to hold my pants up or because I wanted to make a fashion statement, probably both.) If you want to send out muffins or something, I guess you can. I would still encourage you to use the mission office address, but seeing as I'm living in the same apartment as I was from March to Aug. 2013, you can probably find that address somewhere and ship directly to me. I still wouldn't advise it, we don't check the mailbox hardly ever.

Moving out of Delancey was a much longer process than we expected. I had no idea how much crap can accumulate over 21 months of elders living in an apartment. Currently we are living with Elders Leung and Guo (new this cycle), but that will probably change somehow in 2 weeks with transfers, we will see.

Elder Snow of the Seventy is coming to tour the mission, we have a nice long meeting at the temple tomorrow from 8am till 4 in the afternoon. It will be fun, I learned a lot from the last mission tour back in Oct.

We are going to the temple today for P-day. Hopefully I will finally get to see one of the new videos (still have only seen the one).

Oh, Elder Murray is going to his Broadway play today, he flies home 2 weeks from tomorrow. It really is crazy how fast it goes.

I attended my first mission leadership council, normally it is only the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders who attend, but President had all the District Leaders come as well this time. I learned a lot more about planning, and especially about the principle of accountability, particularly from the perspective of a leader.

Love you all,
Your son in service,
Elder Christensen
陳少駒

No comments:

Post a Comment