Sunday, October 6, 2013

August 20, 2013

Welcome everyone, to Peekskill, New York. I'm expecting to be here from 1 to 3 transfer cycles, after which I will return to Chinatown for the rest of my mission. My companion is Elder Wang (no, not the same one that was my companion in Chinatown, he's a different Elder Wang, who was called English speaking. But who still happens to speak Mandarin as his first language, with pretty fluent English as his second language.) Yay for having someone to still practice my Mandarin with!

I'm afraid I had to leave the granola bars back in Chinatown, along with my comforter blanket, I wasn't going to be able to fit that stuff effectively into my suitcases, so I left them in East Broadway, and they'll be there when I get back (well, unless the other Elders down there eat the granola.) For the record, I'm not sure what my address up here is, so for this week at least before I can email you again, you should just have all mail sent to the mission office, and the office elders will get it out to me after a while.

Can't really say what the work is like up here yet, I've been here for only a few hours.

Oh, my first baptism (Jen/Xu Jin Ting) is planning on coming to Salt Lake City for general conference. I gave Sister Lee (missionary in Chinatown) your's and dad's contact info, since the plan seems to be have Jen stay with sister Lee's family, since they speak Mandarin, and have her mom as the primary form of transportation, but potentially get them in touch with you, so that if you want you can try to arrange a time to meet up. Should be fun I think. Sister Lee's family live in American Fork).

Not too much else to say at the moment, if something comes to mind, I'll try before my session times out.

Love you all,
Your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen

P.S. Fun fact, I'm taking over the area Elder Williams was in when he was upstate (he's going back down this transfer as I go up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment