Monday, October 21, 2013

October 8, 2013

So many questions!

Conference was awesome. I hate how it dragged on forever when I was a kid and didn't like it, and now that it's just about the highlight of my year, it has to go by so fast. We watched it at the chapel, and we were about the only ones there, but I kind of like it that way, I might do that when I go back home. I really liked President Uchtdorf's first talk about how God uses imperfect people, but the doctrine is perfect. Elder Oaks' and Elder Nelson's talks seemed like mirror copies of awesomeness, Elder Holland threw a surprise ball for me with the talking about depression, but it perfectly answered the prayers of several people I know, and it was very spiritual. I also liked Elder Bednar's talk on Tithing, I wish I could teach the commandments like that.

Life in Peekskill continues, the trees are really changing colors now, and it looks beautiful.

I have limited time currently, I messed up the timing really bad this week. Sorry.

Actually, never mind, I still have some time. Blasted library computers.

I guess I forgot to tell you mom, Chinese people like to give gifts when they first meet. Consider yourself warned. If you were wondering, I didn't tell Jen to tell you that I spoke good Mandarin, but honestly, I think she would say I spoke good Mandarin if all I knew was how to say "God loves you".

I know that I go on about biology and such when the important thing is just whether or not the problem gets fixed, I tend to get hung up on the fact that I can't understand it. I'm really good at accepting that I won't be able to understand everything about the gospel in this life, but accepting it for scientific stuff tends to be more difficult for me to do oddly enough.

I contact Jon on a weekly basis actually, our P-days don't line up, but that's not really any kind of problem.

Cameron is going to play the Oboe too? Boss. Tell him that means that he'll need to practice both instruments on a regular basis though. How good is his practice ethic anyway? Probably better than mine was, since he was taking lessons from brother Simons for so long. Is he still signed up for piano too?

We have interviews with President this Friday. Normally we're supposed to get them every other transfer, but for the last several cycles the scheduling has been really messy, so this is the first interview I'm having with him since June.

Now that Elder Wang has gone, I am the only translation available for Xxxxx. I haven't had to do too much yet, but Stake Conference is this coming Sunday, so 2 hours of translating non-stop should be wonderful for my head.

Already looking forward to next year's pageant. Man time goes fast. That said, if I were a sister missionary, today would be my half-way point. Odd. I will have had my mission call for a year before the end of this cycle too.

The gospel is true, and I advise you all to pull out your Preach My Gospels and go through the Christ like attributes section (chapter 6) at the back of it is a self evaluation for the attributes, then you can all go and try to set goals to improve on whichever attributes you find you are lower on.

Love, your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment