Thursday, October 9, 2014

July 23, 2014


Sister MacKay left Chinatown today, she flies home to Draper UT tomorrow Morning. I'll have to see if I can't find out the details about her homecoming so that you can attend if you want. The sisters that started the same time as me are gone. Time to start my mad dash of focusing as much as I can for the next 6 months until it's time for me to bite the dust.

So, if you didn't notice, transfers happened today, which means...NEW COMPANION! not. I'm with Elder Wang still, this is the 3rd consecutive cycle, 5th total for the 2 of us. He hopes that we are companions still for 2 more transfers after this so that I can send him home, but that would be almost half of my mission with one companion. I'm not sure how exactly I would feel about that. At the end of the day though, it isn't my decision to make anyway, so if that is what happens, I'll enjoy it just the same.

Elder Cook finally left Chinatown, he served here the equivalent of a full sister's mission already, and there is a decent chance that he will come back before we go home, unless he gets called as an AP (he has served for 7 transfers as a Zone Leader, and he is serving as a zone leader now in the Stamford Zone in Connecticut, he is in New Canaan, which happens to be the richest Zip Code in the USA).

We have an investigator who I may or may not have told you about named Xxxx Xxxxx, he is...odd. But he seems to have a desire, we can't really tell what is going to happen with him currently, but our last lesson ended with a 5 minute shouting match between him, Elder Wang, and sister Xu (the old lady who was with Jen and Olive Wang at the pageant). I just sat out on that one, my mandarin is nowhere near good enough to be able to shout people down. He's still progressing though, we are meeting with him again on Sunday after church (most lessons with Xxxx Xxxxx actually come pretty close to a shouting match.  Now that I think about it, it was just sister Xu who randomly walked in and sat down halfway during the lesson that was the straw that broke the camel's back.)

The comment on people hitting on me that I made recently was simply referring to the fact that I have run into more gay or bi-sexual people on the street who hit on me than I ever would have expected. I also have been somewhat surprised by how many of them are Chinese.

We saw a really old guy drop his pants and @#$%^&* on the street a few days ago, I've been waiting to see how long it took before I saw something like that (it actually happens more often than one would hope in Harlem and the Bronx, just not too often down here in Chinatown/lower east side.)

Love you all,
Your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen


�少�

No comments:

Post a Comment