Saturday, October 25, 2014

August 13, 2014

Believe it or not, a shouting match between three native speakers is really hard to participate in, because you have to remember tones while trying to convey your emotions in a loud voice. Usually, as soon as I start trying to include emotion, my Mandarin starts sounding really white. I still have this going for me though, missionaries from Mainland China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong have all said that our family actually sound pretty Asian, most especially me. I might have told you that before, but it still makes me happy when I hear that I was apparently born with the wrong skin, hair, and eye color. As far as my vocabulary is concerned, I am always learning new words, but I can carry on a decent conversation on a good number of topics now. I still can't talk about the economy though. I learned how to say aneurism last week though, 动脉瘤. Also, there is no clear translation in Chinese that I can find for "restraining order". Elder Wang couldn't think of one either when I asked him.


We got a surprise visit from Brother Tyler Williams on Sunday, the members kind-of mobbed him. He said he was originally planning on coming with his family, but in the end it was just him.




We also had a surprise visit from Steven Hernandez, my former comp from Peekskill. I'm still not sure how he got my number, when I asked he just said "I have my methods".

I also learned yesterday that eating dumplings (or as P. Morgan calls them, Dumprings) for lunch AND dinner equals a very unhappy stomach. I came dangerously close to hurling last night, but I'm still able to say that I have been able to handle everything I've eaten on my mission without up-chucking.

I bet Holly's "Mission Mode" probably looks similar to your pageant mode mom.

Love you all,
Your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen
�少�

No comments:

Post a Comment