Wednesday, October 8, 2014

June 11, 2014

Well, transfers are underway. Elder Murray is gone, which means me, Elder Cook, and Elder Wang (who I'm going to be companions with for another cycle) are now the oldest Elders in Chinatown, and that after this next transfer when Sisters MacKay and Lee go, we will really start to feel old. I saw Elder Christensen (Robert) in the transfer meeting, he seemed like he was doing okay, he said that I look more and more like Clark every time he sees me, which was super unexpected, and he called me Jacob as he walked away, which felt really strange, because no-one has called me by my first name in probably a year or more, aside from when I've Skypeing home.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what your responsibility is in regard to the campground. Is it that you have to be in the campground the majority of the day? Or that either you or dad needs to be there at all times?

We have heard that the next senior couple coming into the mission is in July, but we don't know if they will come to Chinatown or not, they might get assigned to somewhere else.

We ran into a less active [member] on the street that no-one in the ward has been able to find for the last couple months. Apparently he has been busy with work, doesn't normally get off until around 11 or later, but it seemed like there might be other reasons why no one has been able to reach him, since his schedule isn't too different from other restaurant workers schedules. We'll keep working with him.

Our baptismal date for Xxxx Xxx Xxxx was moved back, his boss forced him to take Mondays off instead of Sunday, which means he won't be able to come to church for probably a couple of months, which means that while we can keep teaching him, he certainly won't be getting baptized soon.

I'm still doing the whole district leader thing, my third transfer doing it. We held our district meeting this week at 8 pm on a bench in the park because Elder Murray's exit interview with President went long during the morning when it was originally scheduled, and that was the next time when all the companionships in my district were free. It actually was a very spiritual meeting, I learned a lot during it.

Love you lots,
Your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen
陳少駒

No comments:

Post a Comment