Friday, December 5, 2014

August 20, 2014

Several of the trees outside the window by my study desk have started changing colors, and we actually raked leaves as our service project last Friday. I love the fall, but if it's starting this early, I'm a little concerned about when winter is going to start. This last winter didn't fully kick in until the first or second week of January, but the summer before was brutally hot, so I don't know, maybe we will have a long but mild winter? I guess we will see. Or, at least I will see the start of it.

Good luck at school everyone! Meanwhile, I'll keep just standing on the street talking to people. It's fun.

There was that 2 month window between when Wes got back and when Ethan left, but I don't know if you were able to tell any differences in that short of a timeframe.

We had Zone Conference yesterday. I had an awesome time, right up to the very end when President issued us all a challenge. Starting on Aug. 25 (he and sister Morgan's anniversary) he wants all of us to read the BoM in 120 days, which will have us finish on Dec. 24. I love the Book of Mormon, every time I read it I learn new things, but did he really have to make a mission-wide countdown that ends the week before I go home? He might as well have invited the entire mission to count down the days for me, and here I am wishing I didn't have to think about home, and doing my best NOT to think about how little time I have left. I think I will try to read the BoM in Chinese for that challenge, but I'm not sure, that might require too much time from my personal study becoming language study.

Speaking of anniversaries, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM/DAD! Sorry, I'm going to assume that my service as a missionary is enough of a gift, because I'm not planning on sending one.

I was trolling English class


Qi Xiao Dong, one of the recent converts, was having a planking contest with his son after church.
Qi Xiao Dong won.

Jared hasn't come back yet, we don't know when the next time is that he will be able to sneak away, so for the moment we just have to pray and leave it up to him and The Lord. The other investigator that I told you about, Liu Ce, has gone back to Shang Hai, he should come back out to NYC some time in Nov-Dec, so I will probably see him again before I leave, but for the most part, we're back to the basics of finding people again, we don't have too many solid people currently to work with, but a few potentials.

We're actually going to the temple today as well, curious to see if I will get to see the other new video or not. Regardless of which one, it is always a good time.

We taught the gospel principles class last Sunday on missionary work, it actually turned out really well, the only part I was kind of hoping for was more investigators being present, but we had a lot of recent converts there, so that was a nice reminder for them.

Any questions, comments, concerns, or coconuts can be sent before 6 pm NY time for a response. 

Love you,
Your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen
�少�

No comments:

Post a Comment