Friday, December 5, 2014

August 27, 2014

We are still teaching English class mom, we never stopped, and have no plans to do so any time in the near future.

Transfers are next week, but training calls come this evening. We are supposed to get a new elder next transfer, but basically any elder could train, so I might be with elder Wang again, or I might be with someone else, we'll find out this week.

I think I had bro. Haywood my senior year. If it's the same guy, he's pretty cool. No, he isn't related to Brad Haywood as far as I know.


The old man is Xxx Xxxxx, our investigator who used to teach at a college in Shang Hai. This was taken a while ago, I had forgotten to gel my hair that day. I'm also down in weight a little, last time I weighed myself I was about 158.

So my watch rash from last year came back, except I'm not wearing my watch at all. And it spread to several chunks of my hand. One discussion with my mission president's wife later, and it has been unofficially determined that I have eczema. Oh well.

Reading the Book of Mormon in Chinese is interesting. There is still
some vocabulary that I don't know, I'm sure once I hit the Isaiah
chapters it will be just insane, but there are also a lot of different
ways of looking at some of the stories because the phrasing is
slightly different in order to make it match the language.

On the subject of language, I learned how to say "that defeats the
whole purpose" in Chinese, but it is a lot less polite. It translates
as "that's like dropping your pants to fart." Having native companions
is awesome, you can learn such crazy stuff.

Dependent upon whether or not I get a training call tonight (there is
a new elder coming in, we don't know who is training until about 7-9
pm), I might be able to go to my first live sealing. Sister Xxxx Xxx
and her husband Xxxx Xxx will be getting sealed on Friday, they
personally invited all of the missionaries, and we got President
Morgan's approval, but there is also a special training meeting in
Scarsdale on Friday for all the missionaries who will be training the
next transfer, so I'm hoping that I can make it at least 1 more cycle
without training. If I don't train this cycle though, then I will
probably never train period, since I only have 2 transfers left after
that.

Every day for the last week, whenever I have logged on to FB, the
first thing on my newsfeed is a person getting doused with ice water.
I'm waiting for when someone challenges me to do it so that I can make
a post about Elder Bednar's talk regarding the smart usage of social
media, and  say "I know Elder Bednar said he wanted us to flood the
world, but I don't think he meant for us to do it with buckets of ice
water."

Love you,
Your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen

陈少驹

No comments:

Post a Comment