Sunday, December 21, 2014

December 3, 2014

I do like the [family] Christmas tree [harvesting] tradition Mom, but you also have to admit that sometimes it was a character building experience.

Thanksgiving was a fun experience, I'm going to assume Ethan sent you the video of the skit that the Elders and some of the members put on to explain the story of thanksgiving. It was sketchy. All the hats were made the night before because the originals were accidentally left at the chapel Wednesday night, and the chapel was closed Thursday, so sister Palmer was up until 4:30 making the hats again. She said at that point she fell asleep on the floor with scissors in her hands, and then had to get up at 6 to start cooking turkeys. Overall turnout was really good though for the party, and we got to take basically a full pumpkin pie home afterwards, along with a huge pot of potatoes and stuffing.

We have gone to bed on time once this last week. The latest we've been up teaching/calling people this last week was 2 in the morning. I was feeling right back at home doing that. My companion....not so much.

Just send a sock for my companion, I don't really want you to send anything for me. Just wrap all my gifts up, and you can leave them under the tree until I get home, and I'll open them then. If the actual tree dies before then, just put them under the fake tree in the living room. 


Recognize these mom? You sent me a box back around April of 2013 that had a bunch of cooking stuff in it. I left them here when I went upstate, and apparently when the elders moved out of 8A for the sisters to move in, they took it with them to apartment 1. I was on a split yesterday with elder Radford in that area, and found it in the back of one of the shelves in the kitchen.

Funny story, some of the sisters were trying to help a girl with her homework, and they didn't know what a Nor-Easter was, so they came and asked me. I answered the question, and then asked how they didn't know what it was, since we got hit by them regularly all last winter. Turned out I was the only missionary here in the Zone that knew what they were. Hurray for being a real New Yorker!

Love,
Your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen
陈少驹

No comments:

Post a Comment