Sunday, December 21, 2014

September 24, 2014

Mom, the travel plans will come when they come, I have no influence on that. It should be some time within the next 4 months, beyond that, I don't know.

I want to share one of the crazier (in a good way) stories that happened this week, not to me though, it was to Elder Wang Shuai and his trainee. They were about to go get lunch on Monday when Pres. Morgan called. He was in the 65th street chapel with a Chinese lady who didn't speak any English, and he wanted Elder Wang to translate, and gave the phone to the lady. After a quick discussion, Elder Wang and his trainee headed up to the temple to teach her a lesson. They didn't have any Chinese BoMs on them though, but would you believe that there was 1 copy, old and a bit rough on the edges, crammed in the corner on a shelf in the Family History Center at the temple? The lady was really interested, from BeiJing, and will be coming to church on Sunday and meeting with the sisters soon. After that, Elder Wang went to get lunch, guess who they ran into on the subway?  Xxxxxxx Xxxx, elder Wang's first new investigator when he started his mission, and the only investigator he ever had from his hometown in China. The guy dropped them like a pile of rocks back in March of 2013, but when they talked to him on the subway, he was wearing a suit, and said he had just passed his baptismal interview, he's getting baptized in one of the English wards next Sunday! Then after they got lunch, they went back to the temple because the South Manhattan Elders there said they had a potential investigator that was Chinese who said they wanted to meet Elder Wang. A solid investigator from BeiJing, she will be passed to the sisters as well, but the fact that there were 2 solid BeiJing people in the same day, both found at the temple, is so out of the blue that there isn't even a point in trying to argue that it is coincidence. And Elder Wang was over the moon to hear about Xxxxxx Xxxx.

This one is for Cameron. We went to the Metropolitan museum of art today, this was one of the exhibits.

 I gave up trying to understand how modern art counts as art. There is absolutely nothing unique about that piece, it is just a blue rhombus. And yet it hangs in the Met.
I would email more, but I need to hold a baptismal interview in a little bit, we have 2 people getting baptized next Sunday, hopefully three, assuming this interview goes well.

I got the muffin mix, thanks. A bottle of JDawgs sauce would be well loved as well. If I didn't finish by the time I go home, I could leave it for the other missionaries.

I don't think elder Guo will kill me, I think he will probably go upstate next transfer, at the very least though, I think I will probably have one other comp after him before I die.

The lack of a ward mission leader just means that scheduling baptisms and follow up on/passing off new members to the ward is a bit less smooth. We should be getting a new one though this coming Sunday, so that will be fun.

Oh, we had the farm trip to upstate this week, it was really fun, I'll make sure that I send you pictures next week.

Love you lots, 
your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen

陈少驹

No comments:

Post a Comment