Sunday, December 21, 2014

October 15, 2014

We went to the Statue of Liberty today, so I don't know if there will be enough time to say everything I want to. The statue was cool though.


The talk that elder Perry gave was awesome, Elder Hallstrom of the 70 was there as well. Elder Perry talked a lot about the 1964 world fair (50 anniversary) and he also talked about the social nature of being a member, both in the use of media, and in encouraging people of all faiths to become more active in their church attendance, even if they are catholic or Muslim or something. At one point he asked who was currently using their smartphone to make a post or tweet about what he was saying, everyone chuckled, and he said "nothing is sacred anymore these days, so we might as well use it to our advantage!" Which was possibly the funniest thing I could ever imagine an apostle saying. 

Another interesting part of his visit came from the fact that during the opening song, a homeless man named Jacob stood up in the middle of the congregation to sing, and started waving his arms around as he sung. The guy sitting next to him tried to pull him down, but Jacob is about 6 foot 6, so pulling him down didn't really work. He sat down after the song. Elder Perry was chuckling all through the song watching him. President Buckner got off the stand, left for a minute, came back, and I saw the security looking through the window into the chapel. Why do I know his name was Jacob? He asked me to help him shave his neck before the meeting started while I was washing my hands after going to the bathroom. 


I just got a haircut from a professional barber.
Love, your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen
陈少驹


No comments:

Post a Comment