Sunday, December 21, 2014

November 19th, 2014

I'm still on track to finish reading the BoM by Christmas too.

I gave a special zone training on goal setting and planning last week, which was super weird, considering I'm one of the worst planners ever. What was even stranger was that half the zone made comments later that it was one of the most inspired meetings I have held in my now 6 transfers as a district leader. I don't get it, but if they got something out of the meeting, then sweet, the spirit teaches them what they need to learn, and not what I was saying. 

I'll talk with Ethan and president about it [spending time with Ethan over Thanksgiving]. It so happens that the Ward is holding a massive thanksgiving dinner at the 65th street chapel (2 blocks from the Buckner's house) for most of the afternoon on Thanksgiving day. I don't know if he wants to see me, I honestly don't really care too much, since I would be seeing him again in a little over a month at that point anyway.

Our Ward mission leader gave me a few new ideas in contacting that might form into a new contacting style for the Zone. It isn't fully developed yet, so I'll spare you the details, suffice to say that it is much more focused on finding families.

The humidity is quite chilly. Enough said. We did a bit of contacting, but we have also been pretty busy with making preparations for the Thanksgiving dinner. It's going okay though, Preach My Gospel says "Nothing happens in missionary work until you find someone to teach." So when we don't have someone to teach at that moment, we start looking for someone.

I haven't received any flight plans either Mom, like I said, they come when they come. You get the Email before the letter will reach me anyway, so you don't need to ask, since you'll find out before me.

I can't explain that whole issue with the boundary stuff in email mom, it would need several days of typing probably to explain the full thing. I talked with President Morgan for 30 minutes about it, and he lectured the whole zone about it for another hour plus on top of that, so trust me, I'll explain it to you all when I can actually talk, instead of type.

Love you lots,
Your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment