Sunday, January 5, 2014

December 11, 2013

Mostly, I just want to see Ethan so that I can get a picture of the 2 of us as set apart missionaries at the same time. I'm virtually 100% certain that I'm going to be in Chinatown at that time, not that I spoke to president about it while they were rehearsing for the Christmas devotional at our chapel or anything. Also, Ethan is convinced that his flight will be delayed due to poor weather, in which case, it might be good if he had the Buckners number, if improvisation becomes necessary. Just a thought.

We have good news! An investigator we lost recently is now kind of back in the picture. She apparently noticed how much her life had changed when she reverted to how she was before we met her, and she really didn't like going back to who she was, she asked us if we could start meeting again. We haven't been able to set a time yet, but we are hopeful.

The Christmas devotional was awesome. There were a million missionaries, and yes Mom, I did get to hang out with all of my Chinatown friends. Actually, we went down to Chinatown today as well, because Elder Hernandez wanted to go to the city for some reason, so we stopped by there, along with Macy's and the Rockefeller. I felt so at home in Chinatown.

Winter is officially here. There is snow on the ground, it was coming down pretty much all day yesterday. My car was completely frozen over Monday morning. I mean it was literally an 8th of an inch thick sheet of ice covering the entire car. I got to punch a hole in the ice on my window after I rolled it down, because the ice just sat there. (And then all fell in on my lap once I punched it.)

My district leader dies this Sunday. He flies home on Monday back to Blackfoot Idaho. He doesn't even get to stay for the transfer meeting, because the planes are crazy around Christmas time. There's a decent chance that that will be me next year sadly. More than 11 months in now. It's going fast.

We met a less-active member who got chronic Lyme's disease, Parkinson's disease, and bi-polar disorder all from a tick bite back in 2009. DONT GET BIT BY TICKS.

I am getting tired of back-to-back meal appointments here. I should have tried to get sent upstate at a time other than the holidays. All they do is make you feel gross, and you can't turn them down, otherwise they think you're telling them their food is no good.

Love, your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen

陳少駒

No comments:

Post a Comment