Sunday, January 5, 2014

December 22, 2013

Dear Mom, I got your package. I see that the golden rule got thrown out the window when it comes to candy. After this next package, I think if you try to send me any more sweets, I'm going to take a video of me throwing it away in a trash can on the street so some hobo can eat it later.

Church was excellent, I still understood about the same percentage of the meeting as I would have before going upstate, which was a nice comfort for me. My Chinese hasn't degraded that much, although I can definitely tell that it did a bit. My reading got a lot better though. We had a nice 1.5 hour sacrament meeting that had a lot of musical numbers (I think elder Murray got to play the piano 6 times, and he didn't even play for any of the congregational hymns). We had a YSA [Young Single Adult] activity at the chapel after the block which was really fun, and then we went to a triple baptism at the 15th street chapel. One of them was a 17 year old who is in our area, but since we were working away from Chinatown she didn't really feel like our baptism, even if we were the ones who got to count it in our planners. She's really cool though, and we are going to be the ones teaching her the post baptism new member lessons. We will be working with her a lot. Oh, and Xxxx's reaction when she saw me was the funniest thing ever, I think it was the first time I've ever seen someone stagger with shock. Don't worry, I didn't laugh at her at all, I just had a really big smile while I walked over to shake her hand.

The weather was epic this last 2 weeks. We had over a foot of snow between my last Saturday and Tuesday upstate, and then I come back to the city, and it felt almost like no time has passed since I left! The weather yesterday felt pretty much the same as what it was in August. We were going to get up early today as a Zone and go play frisbee like we did during the summer, but it was raining pretty hard, so we had to cancel it. It is still pretty warm outside, even if it is still raining. I believe it is supposed to cool down a lot though before Ethan gets here.

Fun fact, if you fry eggs using vegetable oil and not spray, don't just poor the used oil over your toast, the consequences in your intestines are not worth it.

Mom, I've told you at least 6 times now, I never lost my coat. I don't know where you got that idea. Stop asking, I'm fine.

My companion says thanks for the [Christmas] stocking Mom. He'll probably tell you in person on Sunday. His name is Leung. It's pronounced like lung, but with a little bit of an accent that has been impossible for me to get right. He's from Hong Kong. His Mandarin isn't native level, but it's really good. Cantonese is his first language. He went to Dixie State for 2 years before starting his mission, so his English is pretty good too.

For Christmas, Bishop McConkie is having all the missionaries in Chinatown over for dinner. Other than that, I'm not sure what will happen. He's moving to North Carolina in January, so we should be finding out who the new Bishop is soon.

Not much else to say, so I'll save the rest for Sunday. I'll be using the same Skype account you set up for me probably. See you all then!

Your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen

陳少駒

No comments:

Post a Comment