Sunday, January 5, 2014

November 20, 2013

[This letter opened with responses to questions about his white shirt and suit needs.]

We have iPads now. It's super trippy. We were mission 9 in the world to get iPads, and there are only about 20 who are currently authorized for online proselyting. Not all of the iPad missions have Online capabilities, so we're pretty early as far as getting both.

[Our investigator] Xxxx leaves for China tomorrow. He'll be back here in April, so hopefully he'll keep progressing at that point.

Missionary story. We agreed with one of our investigators that if she would give up smoking, we would give up something too. Elder Hernandez said he would give up chewing on his nails. I was...volunteered to give up cracking my knuckles, knees, elbows, ankles, back, and all the other things in my body that snap. Trying to not do that for the last week has been pretty much impossible. I decided that for the moment, I'm going to focus on my back, because I know that is the one that is probably the worst for me, and also the easiest one to notice when I do it.

We have a Mission Christmas Party here on the 6th of December. We're actually holding it at my chapel, so I won't have to travel hardly at all, although I might get drafted to help transport missionaries from other areas here. As for the package, you can send it to the mission office, if I'm back down there, I'll get it before Christmas, and if I'm getting transferred, I'll keep what I want and leave all the sugary sweets you send behind with the other elders. If I don't get transferred, then I will still get it before Christmas. I think the odds of me not getting transferred are very low, but President Morgan has proven over the last year that he loves to keep EVERYONE in suspense.

Love you,
Your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment