Sunday, January 5, 2014

December 18, 2013

Sorry, transfer meeting took forever. [Writing later in the day than normal.]

I am back in Chinatown! I'm with Elder Leung. He's from Hong Kong, really cool, and we are in an apartment with only the 2 of us. That is a first in my mission, but since there are 2 more Elders, 6 sisters, and a senior couple that all live in our building as well, it shouldn't feel too lonely.

I'm planning on Emailing next Monday, not Wednesday, just an update. Our p-day [Preparation Day] got moved around. Also, I'm going to try and Skype around 3 maybe (your time), on the 29th. Were you aware of the Buckners planning on having me over for Skyping and/or Christmas Day/Christmas Eve, or should I text/call them?

Oh, it snowed all day Saturday and Tuesday pretty much. We were banned from using cars those days. We got 8 to 10 inches the first time and 3-5 the second time. It was ridiculous. A lot of shoveling and a lot of time spent sitting inside packing.

We got to finally teach a lesson to the investigator I've been writing about the day before I left. It took 2 hours, but she is finally willing to continue meeting with the missionaries again. Getting her back to church will take a while I'm sure, but I'm looking forward to seeing her get baptized one day, she's awesome.

By the way, I never got your package Mom, unless the office is holding it until Christmas. But they would only do that if you told them to.

Love you all, I'm super sorry that this is the second week in a row I have to send a super short letter, It will be a lot longer next week I'm sure.

Your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment