Sunday, August 18, 2013

August 6, 2013

Salutations, oh people who share a great portion of genetic make-up with me.

This last week has been...actually, not all that exciting now that I think about it. Oh wait. nevermind.

We met a less active member from the Flushing Ward who was baptized in 2007, has the Mel. Priesthood, and has watched every session of General Conference since he was baptized. Yet he hasn't gone to church there in something like 4 years. The reason behind that is rather sad, and also not my story to tell, suffice to say that he has had one of the harder if not hardest lives I have ever encountered. He has great faith, his doctrinal comprehension is solid, and he's planning on coming to our ward every week now. One ward's loss is another ward's gain.

The new shoulder bag I got is still holding up well, I wish that it had the capacity of the backpack, but I guess that was kind of the point. On the other hand, my granola supply is empty again.

Xxx's husband is a decent guy, he had to leave after the second hour to go do some stuff before he had to go to work, but he said it wasn't bad, he won't be able to come next week, but Xxx is solid enough that there's no real way for him to avoid coming to church/meeting with us more in the future.

Elder Wang and I are getting along quite well, the most entertaining companionship to watch though is actually Elder Cook and Elder Radford. I'm not sure why or how, but it seems as though the Lord felt to put the 2 sassiest men I have ever known in a missionary companionship together. It is extremely funny at points.

Our senior couple, the Blairs, told us about a new temple video that is coming out on Monday (they told us then, not that that was when it came out). Should be interesting, we'll get to see it in a couple of weeks probably.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that John has been transferred to the new Ohio mission. I say this because he was saying that he was going to Ohio, but I don't know if he said where exactly, or if there was some of Ohio that was still in his original mission.

You might want to tell Cameron to stay on the Oboe until he gets his braces off, I'm not sure if you remember, but I went through 150 dollars of Oboe reads my 7th grade year, and bassoon reeds are more expensive, so even if they are slightly more sturdy, it might be more cost effective to keep him on the Oboe. You can figure it out.

I complete my 7th month on Friday. That went fast. At least I'm not yet in the position of Elder Mok (he goes back to Hong Kong on the 22nd. He spent exactly 50 days of his mission NOT in Chinatown, going to be sad to see him go.)

My Chinese is better, I just wish that people would stop using so much vocabulary that I don't know. I've really gotten a feel for being able to get around the accents most of the time now, it's just those blasted words I don't have 100% memorized that get me every time. I'm saving studying characters for when I go upstate and have no one to talk to/listen to, I'll finally get to learn how to write all the words I've been learning.

Love you all,
your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen

PS, no mom, I still haven't gone to the ice cream store. Or been in Grand Central, or gone to the Empire State Building, or Freedom Tower.....

No comments:

Post a Comment