Sunday, August 18, 2013

July 23, 2013

I only have black shoes, so a brown suit might not be the best idea, maybe a gray one, although I might beat you to it. I'm going shopping today for Khakis potentially, they fall into the new approved list of proselyting clothing. How's that for a weird thought? I might just buy a suit at the same time if it's cheap enough. Also, I might be buying a shoulder bag, the APs told us that President is going to ask us to stop wearing back packs at Zone Conference tomorrow (apparently a lot of young men walking around with black back packs looks a bit like we're terrorists, and they've decided to phase it out.) Don't worry mom, I'm not going to empty my personal account for clothing/bag just yet.

Xxxx is back in town, we're meeting with him today. We also picked up 1 new investigator, Xxx Xxxx, but we're not too sure how solid he is, he says that he feels like the book of Mormon is really similar to the bible, but he can't tell how we're different from any other Christian Church. We've already taught him the Apostasy 2 times.

I'm still good on watches, I only bought the fake Rolex for the sake of having done so/getting a Rolex, but the other one still works perfectly fine, so no problems there.

I got to weigh myself for the first time since I came out here......170. Not the worst I've ever been, but I've decided that I'm walking about as much as I was at college, and so if I just start eating the way I was in college, I should be able to lose the weight pretty fast. The only problem is that the gas is STILL down in our apartment, which means I can't brown hamburger or chicken meat for the tortillas that I would eat at BYU. I'll figure something out though. Curse the convenience of those delicious Hao Yun buns. On the topic of food and health, my advice would be not to eat sweets even on holidays and such, that gives the implication that they are desirable, but not feasible on a regular basis. It's much more effective if you can convince yourself that it isn't a case of "I can't eat that, I'm dieting" but more like "I don't want that, it doesn't sound very appetizing."

I'm going to get to talk in church in about 4 days, but not for sacrament meeting. Me and Elder Wang are teaching Gospel Principles on Sunday. Not sure what topic. My ting de dong has gotten a lot better, but I still have a lot of times where if its my first time listening to the person, I don't understand all of what they're saying, it seems to take me about an hour to get used to someone's accent. As far as speaking goes, I'm still improving, just hoping I reach competency before I get sent upstate. Thankfully that's still probably 4 to 6 months away.

The weather last week was.........HEAT. 5 days in a row were something like this: 94, 95, 96, 96, 97. Thank goodness it's now down back into the mid 80s for the moment. Contacting in that weather is as bad I think as the dead of winter. Nobody wants to stay outside longer than they have to. Except for us. We're outside LONGER as a result of that. Good thing the Tree of Life provides a lot of shade while contacting. It finally rained again yesterday for the first time it felt like in forever. Hot rain is so weird feeling.

The ward liked the show, 5 of them were allowed to bear testimony on the experience last Sunday. Really cool. Also, Xxxx Xxx Xxx had a freak out when I told him that the Lehi he was taking pictures with was probably my dad. Apparently nobody remembered to tell him. Sister Yan (the Relief Society President) just commented on the fact that you were both younger than her. I think she might not have been expecting that.

Love you all, Glad you made it home safely,
Your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment