Sunday, August 18, 2013

July 3, 2013

The Blairs are going to be at the Hill on the 12th or 13th, but it isn't decided which yet, I also haven't tried to set up a specific place yet, their plan is to get seats somewhere in the front sections, so I told them they probably want to be there around 6 or 7, but since it is opening night, I can't really say for sure what time would be good for them to try and save seats. They're just going up to visit the sights with their family, they aren't helping out with any of them.

We play ultimate frisbee every Pday morning at 6 AM for an hour. I've gotten a lot better at throwing a frisbee for some reason since that tradition started about 2 months ago.

There is a new Elder and a new Sister coming in to Chinatown this next week, and Elder Williams is probably coming back down from Yorktown too. Basically what that boils down to is that there is a roughly 1 in 5 chance I am training next cycle, someone is going to get the call from President warning them about it by the end of today. That would be madness if they weren't a native speaker.

This last week has been making up for the lack of contacting we've been able to get in for the preceding few weeks. We did probably 8 to 10 hours of contacting over the last 2 days, but we got some decent potentials, and 1 new investigator out of it.

I was reading my setting apart blessing a few days ago, and I noticed that it said I was called to share the gospel in Chinese or in English. That made me feel really bad, since I hadn't really been trying to talk to the non-Chinese people that much recently. The next day I was able to give a Book of Mormon to a black guy going to Dominican republic who said he would read it on the plane ride. And ran into a guy from Nigeria who we were able to help resolve some issues about tithing with, gave him a pass-along card.

Got to go suit shopping with Elder Wang last P-day, and got told I looked like I was a security officer. Interesting way to start a contact.

6 months. Poop. I hope the next 18 slow down a little more. That's weird, the Sisters who come out this cycle will be the one's I go home with probably.

Love you all, have fun upstate,
Your son/sibling in service,
Elder Christensen (who is starting to forget a couple of words in English, but can still remember what the Chinese word is. That is one of the most disturbing moments when that happens.)

No comments:

Post a Comment