Sunday, August 18, 2013

June 25, 2013

I miss panic-mode mom...(sigh)

Tell Cameron I wish him good luck on the test tomorrow!

So...Melissa is now a mom. Didn't she only announce she was pregnant about 2 weeks before I went into the MTC? That went fast.

Thank you for the new suit mom, it is quite wonderful, with the only exception of it being a little tight on the waist. I actually went down a belt size when I put it on (for the record, I've been the same belt size ever since I started in the MTC, but the new suit pants forced me down a loop.)

Going on splits is a fairly regular thing, usually about 1 time every 3 weeks, this time was different though because instead of going with Elder Blonquist (district leader) or Elder Cook, who both live in my apartment, I went with the zone leaders, who are elders Foley and Mok. Brilliant teachers, the 2 of them.

The Chinese is still coming along, its just a matter of time mom. Think of it this way, in Taiwan, I would already be nearly fluent by now, but only in listening to Taiwanese people, who don't really have that much of an accent. Here, you have to also be at least somewhat capable of understanding Cantonese accent, and nearly fluent in fujianese accent comprehension, and we still get a decent amount of exposure to northern accents as well, so I might not be picking it up as fast, but I will understand a lot more people. Or maybe I need to just ram my head against a cinderblock wall again.

Street contacting is the same as it always is, just now there are more people on the streets, so there is a higher number of them that are willing to stop and talk to us. YAY! No new investigators yet though, but a couple of decent potentials. Oh, and Basketball contacting was banned in this mission about 2011 if memory serves.

Fun spiritual insight for you. In Chinese, repentance is hui(3)gai(3). It literally translates as something to the effect of Guilt (hui) Change(gai). My new comprehension of repentance more accurately falls into GaiShan, which means to improve.

Xxx Xxx Xxx is basically dropped for the time being, he's having a really hard time.

Xxxxx is in Connecticut for the summer to get money to keep going to school in the fall, so we might have some phone lessons with him soon, and try to put him in touch with a ward up in Connecticut.

Xxx Xxx = my first baptism. I'll send you the picture along with this email. PS, it's really hard to baptize someone when the font is leaking, so the water is only knee high.

Going to the temple today, so not a lot of time,
Love you all, don't die (its a little bit hot right now, it's 90 degrees outside)
Your son/sibling in service

Elder Christensen



No comments:

Post a Comment